Sunday 5 October 2014

Sonoko Sensei's first visit to Australia and Townsville For the annual Komei Juku Australia Seminar 2014. Big thank you to Sonoko for all her tireless help.


Townsville Seminar 2014 September

Sonoko Nakano Beers
Portland U.S.A. Shibucho
My first visit to Australia, brought me to Townsville. A destination with an 
especially kind nature, filled with warm and beautiful people.

It was my great pleasure to translate Sekiguchi Sensei’s instruction and, 
even more importantly, Sensei's lecture. I hope it helped deepen everybody's 
love for, and knowledge of, Iai Jutsu. My goal was to help facilitate a wider 
view, not only of our technique but also, of Iai Jutsu's historical and cultural 
perspective by making my best effort to translate of Sekiguchi Sensei lessons 
accurately quickly. Sekiguchi Sensei's instruction is important for all of the 
students of Komei Juku to understand and it is always my pleasure and duty to 
assist.
 
 
 
 
 I was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and acceptance I received from 
all of the wonderful members of Komei Juku Townsville. I deeply appreciated 
everyone’s warm hearts. I was impressed by the students' genuine efforts to 
learn Iai Jutsu from Sekiguchi Sensei. It inspired me to see serious students 
value Sekiguchi Sensei instruction. 
 
 
 
 One night was especially nice, as Dean Sensei’s mother invited us to a BBQ. 
It was wonderful night. The gathering brought us closer to each other because 
of Dean Sensei’s mother’s wonderful hospitality. It was a wonderful night that 
I will remember. Each day Dean Sensei and his family provided a wonderful environ-
ment to train and learn. Their kind hearts and continuous support made the seminar 
a great success. Dean Sensei's excellent organizational skills made sure the 
seminar ran smoothly.


Last, and possibly cutest, were the wild Wallabies Dean Sensei and Scott-san 
took myself and Sekiguchi Sensei to see. They were adorable and there were so 
 
 
many of them. It was my first time seeing wild Wallabies and I loved it!

In closing, I offer my deep thanks and appreciation for the exceptionally 
considerate care we received in Townsville. Kindness is plentiful in Townsville, 
as is the love of Iai Jutsu!










No comments:

Post a Comment